GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
STYAL RUNNING CLUB PRIVACY STATEMENT
26 MARCH 2018
The following are the key principles of data protection that the club shall adhere to in respect of its member’s personal data:-
- The club will process it securely
- It will be updated regularly and accurately
- It is limited to what the club needs
- It will only be used for the purposes for which it is collected
- It will not be used for marketing purposesClub policy
In becoming a member of Styal Running Club (SRC), SRC will collect certain information about you which will include your names, address, D.O.B., gender, England Athletics URN (where applicable), e-mail address, telephone number(s), names of any other affiliated clubs you may be a member of and details of any coaching or officiating licences that you hold.
This information will be shared with England Athletics (and any other Athletics bodies as appropriate, e.g. Northern Athletics) in accordance with the following wording that shall appear on our clubs new membership application form and be deemed to be accepted by existing members:-
When you become a member of or renew your membership with Styal Running Club you will automatically be registered as a member of England Athletics. We will provide England Athletics with your personal data which they will use to enable access to an online portal for you (called myAthletics). England Athletics will contact you to invite you to sign into and update your MyAthletics portal (which, amongst other things, allows you to set and amend your privacy settings). If you have any questions about the continuing privacy of your personal data when it is shared with England Athletics, please contact email@example.com. Styal Running Club will handle members data in accordance with, and use it for the reasons set out in, its privacy statement which can be accessed at www.styalrunningclub.co.uk/GDPRprivacystatement
The club will hold the data, in scanned electronic form only (the club will not maintain paper records showing members details), contained in its membership application form. This will be held on the computers/laptops and mobile phones of
Styal Running Club
certain committee members. Data will only be held on computers/laptops where access to the computer/laptop is restricted by strong passwords and will be held securely, backed up regularly and shall be protected by Firewalls and anti-virus software aimed at preventing any external unauthorised access. Data will only be held on mobile phones where access to the device is password protected.
Use of Data
The club will only share data with appropriate Athletics bodies such as England Athletics and Northern Athletics and data shall be transmitted to these bodies securely using the MyAthletics portal wherever possible.
Club committee members (primarily the Secretary and Treasurer) shall be authorised by members to access their data via the MyAthletics portal but only for use in matters relating to club issues such as the following:-
Training and competition entry
- Share data with club coaches or officials to administer training sessions
- Share data with club team managers to enter events
- Share data with facility providers to manage access to the track(when appropriate) or check delivery standards
- Share data with leagues, county associations and other competitionproviders for entry into events
Funding and reporting issues
- Anonymised data shared with a funding partner as a condition of grant funding, e.g. local authorities
- Anonymised data analysed to monitor club trendsMembership and club management
- Processing of membership forms and payments
- Share data with committee members to provide information about clubactivities, membership renewals or invitations to social events
- Publishing of race and competition results
- Website managementMarketing and communications
- Sending information about promotions and offers from sponsors (note that members personal data will not be shared, in any circumstances, with any external bodies other than appropriate Athletics bodies).
- Sending club newsletter
- Sending information about selling club kit, merchandise or fund raisingConsent
By applying for membership members accept that data will be provided by them and shared and used as detailed above. New members will be required to confirm the following on the clubs membership application form:-
• I agree that my e-mail address may be used by Committee members for circulation of important club information including club marketing issues (note that no personal data will be shared with any external bodies other than appropriate Athletics bodies)
- I agree that my mobile phone number may be used by Committee members for circulation by SMS of important club information including club marketing issues (note that no personal data will be shared with any external bodies other than appropriate Athletics bodies)
- I agree to join the club’s WhatsApp group (where the member is registered as a WhatsApp user) that is used for dissemination of urgent information
- I consent to my name appearing in the list of members on the club’s websiteData Retention
The club will not retain paper records of members information. The club only retain electronic records (in the form of scanned copies of membership application forms) whilst the athlete remains a member of the club.
Any data breaches will be notified to the member and Information Commissioners Office within 72 hours.
Your rights regarding your personal data
As a data subject you may have the right at any time to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data; to restrict or object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data, including direct marketing; to the portability of your personal data and to complain to the UK’s data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office about the processing of your personal data.
As a data subject you are not obliged to share your personal data with the Club. If you choose not to share your personal data with us we may not be able to register or administer your membership.
Any queries regarding this policy should, in the first instance, be addressed to the club Secretary or Chair.
Please tick the box to confirm you have read and understand the above statement